"If You Were An Angel"



If you were an angel then how would I know it?
Would it be the soft glow upon your face?
Or the gentle beauty of your eyes?
Or would it be your soft flowing hair or the love that you possess?
Or would it be the wisdom of ages that lives within you
Would it be the way that you are so unselfish
Would it be the words that you say or the way that you say them?
And if you were an angel then how would you see me?
Would you see the sadness that mankind sometimes possesses
Or would you see the power of love that flows through us?
Would you see the misery that man sometimes creates
Or would you see the way the rest of us pull together?
Would you shed a tear for the sorrow we sometimes face
Or would you shed a tear of joy for the way we face that sorrow?
Would you share with us the misery that can be life
Or would you show us that misery can teach us light?
Would you reach out to us in the cold of night
Or would you teach us instead that the night is not really cold?
These things I do wonder of you and yet in my heart I know so much to be true
For I share the light you brought to me and yes, I learned from my misery
I found a path so strong and straight and yet I wander from it this is my fate
I do not question the light in your eyes nor do I wonder what is my demise
For in this life that has been given to me I learned as you wanted me to
So when I see you passing through I’ll never wonder if it’s true
For you are all angels to me and with our love we’ll surely be
Angels to all who ask to be living in a life with wonder and peace
Rather then seeing a life who’s road is hard
We find a way to make it true.
And so my friends who are also angels
Remember the one who brings us our power
And cherish each thing that he has given us
For we have each other and our hearts agree
That together we will set each other free
By Chuck one of the best in "OOB"

Popular posts from this blog

Links:

Our Colorado Connection By: Chuck