Our Purpose By: Chuck


Good morning my friends,
I was just thinking about the time before one starts tx. You know, that really scary time. I remember well what it was like when I first found out that the dragon was in me.
I was scared and not willing to admit that I was. I was confused and was wondering just what might happen to me in the future. I had no clear plan nor any idea of what needed to be done next.
At times like this we tend to put ourselves in the hands of our doctors but the sad thing is that many of them know nothing of the dreaded disease called hepatitis C other then it exists.
But the day you get that diagnosis, it kind of turns your world upside down. It sends you off into a whirlwind of emotions and thoughts of the kind you’ve never had before.
Thoughts about life and death. Thoughts about living with this dreaded disease. Thoughts about what the treatments will really be like. All of these things ran through me and then one day I woke up and said, "I’m ready to fight! I’m ready to take my life back! I‘m ready to win!!"
This is a defining moment in one’s treatments. The day that we accept our fate and decide that nothing will stop us. And so I began gathering information about the disease feeling that I must know my enemy if I intend to defeat him.
Soon I knew all that I could find. I knew the science of hep C and it’s treatments. I had some idea of what might happen and I also knew that no one really knew for sure how I would react to the treatments.
I had all I needed to begin. Or so I thought!
What was missing was experience. I had never done this before. And then I found OOB and I was now complete for you see I found an elite group of people. Fellow dragon slayers.
People willing to share their experiences and woes just because they cared. People who have lived through all that I was about to go through. It was the light of OOB for you see that light is it’s members. The light of OOB is the light of love. The light of selfless compassion for another. And this my friends is the kind of light that can pierce right into the heart of the dragon.
This is the ultimate weapon that the dragon cannot fight. I’m not saying you can’t win without it, I’m just saying it’s so much easier if you have it.
So never doubt why we are here my friends. Never doubt that we together can overcome the obstacles of life for we stand united, reaching out to all that will have us, to all who might need us.
We will not waver and we will not falter for we are OOB and though we are allowed to be "out of bounds" in our thinking we are never "out of bounds" in our purpose.
Have a wonderful week my friends,
Chuck

Popular posts from this blog

Links:

Our Colorado Connection By: Chuck