~HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOU BURATTI "The Founder Of "OOB"


  

Tranquility

 


Its Monday! Last day of February which means to most of you that spring is coming! Boooooo! Here we are having a big snow storm I’m planning on being out skiing in it as much as I can. Isn’t life grand!!! There is actually a reason why I like to be outside in a snowstorm. It’s the sound. I love the sound of snow falling to the ground. Have you ever been at a place that quite that you can here that? I love that sound, It’s a hissing sound. It has to be very quite. Then theres the wind. Now  really I have not had the chance to really hear that noise this year. I have stayed out of the cold as to not overtax my body while on TX. I did it and got an infection in my lungs and that’s when I took a few steps back. But now I’m feeling good, strong and ready and I’m prepared, dressed right in ski gear and all.



One time I was in Jackson Hole skiing in a blinding blizzard. They was mabe 2-3 feet O\of fresh power. I had planned the day so I didn’t have to go in all day. I had a nap sack, my lunch, water all I needed. I was skiing a remote part of the mountain and the snow  just got to much. I couldn’t see two feet in front of me and it was time to eat lunch. I saw a pine there (I think it was pine, smelled like Christmas) an when I skied up to it I just went flat and slid right under the braches and landed in the round area that forms inside the bottom of the tress. Where the base gets to be 6-10 feet high and your sking back country you have to know where to seek shelter. Thats one spot. After the snow reaches the bottom branches no more snow goes under the tree and it forms like a cave. And on most of the big tress up there the branches hang down to the ground because they are heavy is so much snow on the branches Once your inside its warmer and there no snowstorm.



So I slid in and when I went under I went down about six feet. Surprised the hell out of me! Because of the wind the entire base of this tree was clear and formed a circular cave like an igloo that from the outside you could never see. I had just taken a chance and got real lucky I piled d back the snow where I had slid in and it was like a beautiful little room where in some places I could actually stand up.

I took out a sterno made some hot soup, had a thermos of coffee and had chesses and crackers and watched and listened to the snowstorm from A window I had made on the non winded side of the tree. I stayed there for a couple of hours and waited for the snow to slow down. It didn’t. But the sounds inside that little tree cave I will never forget. I could here the snow faliin on the tree, falling on the ground  ,  the craking of the tree.and  the wind. The kind of wind that bllows unabted at 10,000 ft. It was magnificent, And I will never forget it. And while it has happening I was thinking to myself “enjoy, savor it, you will never be right here like this ever again” And I did. I have always loved the snow and the mountains but that was one of my most memorable experiences of all times. And that is why I came to and waited for this snowstorm.  I know that moment will never ever happen exactly like that again. But I still get that feeling of tranquility that I had that day when I am in a snowstorm. And when I mean “in it” That’s what I mean OUTSIDE in the storm and listening, closing your eyes and taking it all in.mmmmmmm

So that's of this thread is serenity, tranquility, how and/or where do you go to find it? 

From "OOB" With Love

 Original Post 2/2005

 



Write your plans in pencil but give God the eraser. 

--Unknown--


Trust God's authority, not man's majority. 

--Unknown--


There will be no peace as long as God remains unseated at the conference table. 

--Unknown--


God loves us and believes in us and has done and will do anything he can to help us, but he will not impose on our free agency. 

--Marion D. Hanks Ensign--


Do not take thought for your persons or your properties, but first and chiefly to care about the greatest improvement of the soul. I tell you that the virtue is not given by money, but that from vitue come money and every other good of man, public as well as private... The difficulty, my friends, is not in avoiding death, but in avoiding unrighteousness; for that runs faster than death. 

--Socrates--


Because God is everywhere, you can pray anywhere. 

--Unknown--


Let us go forth to lead the land we love, asking His blessing and His help, but knowing that here on earth God's work must truly be our own. 

--John Fitzgerald Kennedy--

Submission to God's will is the softest pillow on which to rest. 

--Unknown--


To love another person is to see the face of God 

--Victor Hugo--


God would be pleased if you were to take one last look in the mirror before you start your day and say, 'God loves you . . . and so do I'. 

--Zig Ziglar--


If you give 100%, God will make up the difference! 

--Anonymous--


Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. 

--Mahatma Gandhi--


See God in every person, place, and thing, and all will be well in your world. 

--Louise Hay--

  

Lou, "OOB" Host
Hep c Out Of Bounds
2004-2008

Popular posts from this blog

Links:

Our Colorado Connection By: Chuck