Good morning my friends,

I hope your week went well. I did something rather unusual yesterday. I put up a fence to expand my garden for the upcoming spring. That’s right, in the middle of January, I’m putting up a fence! I’m sure my neighbors thought I was nuts, especially since I had to dig through a snow drift just to get it set up. Good thing the panels were pre made!

You know what was cool? I actually enjoyed it very much. It put my mind in a wonderful place full of flowers and green things filled with life even as I worked on what is now a deceptively barren landscape. I saw the things that would be growing there and it was a wonderful image to project in my minds eye.

My wife smiled as I set up my plans for this new and amazing garden that lived alone in my mind. To me in a way, it was so real! I could almost smell those flowers and taste the very vegetables that I hadn’t yet planted.

Life was so very good at that moment and you know what? For me it was a glimpse into the future. A chance in the middle of winter to see what might be if I can just believe and long for it to be there. Man, no matter what happens, I’m going to grow something beautiful in that garden! And just looking to that day helps me to get through the winter and  look to the spring that I know I’m building right now!

So often in life I’ve learned a simple lesson. You know, the one where we can look  past the current discomforts. Where we look past the very day that we’re living. Not so much because the day is bad but rather because we can take a glimpse at what it could be. We can take a glimpse at what we can make it. And once we see the possibilities then we can actually start moving to that reality. We can find solace in the fact that so long as we seek a new beginning than it will be there for us if we can just work a little towards it.

These are dreams my friends. And that’s really where it all starts, I think. Never think that to dream is a bad thing. For dreams come from inside. Dreams are what makes us long to be free. Dreams are what we first have when we decide that we will fight for our lives.

But you know what? It never hurts to stop and think about what might be so long as we continue to fight. It never hurts to stop and take a moment to dream of that goal, whatever that goal might be. And so long as we can stay true to the dream and perhaps seek to one day live it, than I think the possibilities are almost endless . . . .

Have a wonderful week my friends,

Chuck
 

Popular posts from this blog

Links:

Our Colorado Connection By: Chuck