Saturday 11/11/17
Welcome, children of all ages. So many things I could probably run with tonight, but I'll try and keep it centered on a very important birthday celebration. I know there are few that are seriously looking forward to it. To put in plainly, we're here because Lou was born. Men like him don't need statues because they left a footprint. His memory and dreams are alive and well. No one has forgotten. You may try, but you'll never forget.
OOB had been around for a bit before I landed there. I could wish I had these beautiful people around me when I tx'd, but for me, it was a road meant to be travelled alone for the most part. Certainly can't exclude my loving wife of all these years, from being a big part of it, but frankly, I've put her through worse.That's a whole other story, that many have read before.
Honestly, I still don't know the origin of Out Of Bounds, but I know it was born out of need. I do know from what I've learned, he had a knack for finding or being found by those that didn't quite fit where they were at. Rooms that failed to recognize they weren't just fighting a virus, that they were dealing with a person fighting a virus. I do know he found Kat at a place I called home for quite sometime. I know he groomed a shy, confused Warrior/Survivor to take his place one day. The name of the game was killing time and from what I gather, he was a master. I could run a room, but I seriously doubt I could convince all in attendance to do so naked. To say the least, many have vivid memories to this day. He was a con man for sure, but many of us were, our Dearest Kathi included. We conned those in need into believing in us, long enough for them to believe in themselves. We couldn't control the meds, how your body may react, but we could help give someone the greatest chance by completing treatment. Founding a group of delightful misfits to support each other and those in need. We were born when he was born.
I started the week not being able to get back into Delphi, got some help from one of our dear sisters, and made several trial runs to be sure. Tonite, it doesn't want to recognize me again-hosers. Luckily, I get e-mail notifications when someone posts to me on Delphi, and was able to follow it right in. Keeping my fingers crossed it still works tomorrow. Wanting to say hello to so many of you. Images of names in stacked in a box. Instant memories that bind us. Here I am, preaching to the choir. Happy Birthday, Lou. We'll see and feel you there.
Can't leave without expressing the gratitude we all hold for our veterans, that we celebrate your day tomorrow as well. A sacrifice we can never thank enough. A single day hardly does their sacrifice any justice. Very few of most of Americans have not been affected. We still lose 22 a day. Seen far too many 1000 yd. stares, my Father among them. Everyday is Veteran's Day.
Send your best to all in need. We've all been there. " Leave No I Love You Unsaid, No Hug Ungiven." Peace, Oldhair.

Popular posts from this blog

Links:

Our Colorado Connection By: Chuck